The program benefits from many applicants; therefore you are encouraged to contact the challenge facilitator, Tom Stengrim, with any questions prior to and throughout the application process.
- Applicants must reside in South Dakota and/or plan to launch, operate and grow their business in South Dakota.
- Applications will be accepted via email only.
- Interviews will be conducted at the SDTBC or by teleconference for non-local applicants.
- All application information will be kept confidential.
- Download the word document application.
- Fill out the application concisely and completely.
- Email the application (word document) and attach any relevant documents.
- Applications will be evaluated by a panel comprised of five experts in the areas of finance, innovation, entrepreneurship and business and qualified upon the following criteria:
- Viability of business concept.
- How the product, technology or service solves a compelling problem.
- Scalability of business model.
- Readiness to launch or aggressively grow.
- Need for resources and funding.
- Qualified applicants that become finalists will be contacted via email or telephone to arrange an interview. Additional paperwork will be processed at this time.
- Finalist interviews will be conducted by Accelerator staff at the South Dakota Technology Business Center or by teleconference for nonlocal applicants. Interview criteria include:
- Leadership ability.
- Relevant industry experience/qualifications.
- Motivation, passion and commitment to drive the business forward.
- Up to 10 qualified applicants will be invited to participate in the 2016 Accelerator Challenge. Selected participants will be notified via email and participants will begin their online needs assessment and other homework assignments to be completed before the start of the program.